Women Empowerment at its Finest
The last decade has seen a huge increase in feminism from both men and women that “challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements.” We are inspired by everyone who helps light the inferno that blazes the path for future generations, and whether you believe, or don’t believe, in their opinions or choices, it’s important to listen to what women specifically have to say that contribute to our lives in a significant way.
Here are 15 of our favorite uplifting and empowering quotes directly from those lighting the way:
- If one man can destroy everything, why can’t one girl change it?”
- Malala Yousafzai
- When we invest in women and girls, we are investing in the people who invest in everyone else”
- Melinda Gates
- “I’m tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.”
- “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong, it’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.”
- “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.”
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.
- “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.”
- “The more I have spoken about feminism the more I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop.
- Emma Watson
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
- “Women must learn to play the game as men do.”
- “You could make a case that, along with the technological revolution, the most provocative upending destabilizing thrilling change in the course of human history is that we’re finally in it. … We’re here now, women are in the world, and we will not be bullied.”
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made”
- Ruther Bader Ginsburg
- “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.”
- “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.”
- Serena Williams
What quote motivates you the most? Feel free to share!