Cuffing season is upon us which means it’s time to throw on our flannels and enjoy the season with our better half. Whether you’ve been together for 2 months or 2 years and looking for something spontaneous or planned in advance, the perfect fall date night doesn’t need to be a headache. And, with a little bit of collective brainstorming between you and your partner, along with some helpful inspiration from your fave blogger gals, you can easily turn your weekend couple goal adventures into one you won’t soon forget.
Go down the list in order or mix it up by creating a date night jar, just be sure that dates that need to be planned in advance are organized accordingly. No one wants to get to the apple field to find they are at max capacity or show up at a spa without an appointment.
So, from corn mazes to mini road trips and everything in between, here are our favorite, most romantic fall date activities for you and your special someone to keep things (pumpkin) spicey.
- Pick pumpkins at the local patch and carve them together. Make your own mini pumpkin patch with silly and spooky designs — best pumpkin gets bragging rights and tons of love.
- Go on a fall hike. There is something about a long walk with a slight breeze and beautiful sunshine that invites meaningful conversation. Whether it’s a few minutes or a few hours away, find the best park, nature preserve or national park around for some romantic, scenic time together.
- Get lost together in a corn maze. Show off your navigation skills and sneak in some kisses between the corn rows for a romantic afternoon that gets your brain, and your relationship, going.
- Create a new fall inspired cocktail, play music and dance around the kitchen. Check out the Collective Chronicles Instagram page for a delicious witches brew recipe!
- Bake a seasonal pie. Apple, pumpkin, pecan, heck, bake all the tasty treats! Who doesn’t love a good pie and quality time?
- Have a bonfire. Get cozied up in blankets and roasted all of the marshmallows. To mix up your s’mores recipe, try cinnamon graham crackers or white chocolate — my favorite! Let your loved one into your world and spill your favorite halloween memories you have from your childhood.
- Build a blanket fort and watch halloween movies. No matter how old you are, this will always be fun. Be sure to add plenty of pillows and blankets on the ground for comfort and padding so you can stay there all weekend long. Check out our list of classic fun and spooky halloween movies!
- Book a couple’s massage. Massages are always on the date list no matter what season. Make this even more special by surprising your partner and spend a relaxing evening at home afterwards.
- Wine tasting at a local vineyard. What could be better than wine tasting on a crisp fall afternoon? Enjoy some fresh air, get your drink on, have great conversation, and take a bottle home to enjoy together later.
- Weekend getaway. Rent an AirBnB upstate where the leaves are in full foliage and the air is crisp. If you live on the East coast there surely is no shortage of this from Arcadia, Maine to the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania choose a countryside cabin or a treehouse in the woods to nestle away with your loved one.
- Bookshop date. For the hopeless romantics, like us, there is nothing more charming than exploring the hidden hallways and shelves of an old bookstore. Pick out books for each other and discover a different side to your loved one, or pick out a book to read aloud together.
- Cook a new recipe together. Learn something new or teach your SO an old family recipe instead of taking out or going to a restaurant. This is even more important this year with so many restaurants being closed or at limited capacity.
- Stroll through a farmers market. Be inspired by the season and create new memories together while exploring each local vendor. Pick up your favorite fall flowers, choose the ripest fruit, and try all of the fresh samples with your loved one.
Fall is a time to rekindle your love and explore the world in its rejuvenating state. What are some of your favorite indoor and outdoor fall date ideas?